Responsible for supporting management of the quality, health, safety, and environmental management system(s) for designated location(s). Travel will be required and will be
based upon the internal audit plan, Customer audits, implementation/training activities, and other needs as they arise. Will be responsible to ensure the processes needed for
the QMS and HSEMS are established, implemented and maintained. The QHSE Coordinator will report directly to the Quality Director on the performance of the QMS and have a
dotted line reporting structure to DIS Management and the HSE Manager regarding HSEMS for all Downhole Inspection Solutions locations and any improvements needed.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. IF your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications relevant to the job
- Setting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand all aspects of the ISO 9001:2015 specification for quality systems standard
- Understand the API-7 Specification for Rotary Drill Stem Elements
- Understand all aspects of the API Q1/Q2 specifications for quality systems standard
- NDE work under requirements of ASNT nondestructive examination standard
- Organizational skills required for the coordination of inspection activities for multiple projects at once
- Continued implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 quality system standard for the various Downhole Inspection Solutions satellite and fixed facility locations
- Management of the DIS QMS and all associated improvement efforts regarding Corrective & Preventative Actions, and opportunities for improvement.
- Continued working knowledge of the API-7-1 specification for Rotary Drill Stem Elements, API 7-2 Specification for Threading and Gauging of Rotary Shouldered Connections, and all aspects of the API Q1/Q2 specifications for quality systems standard
- The ability to understand and coordinate NDE work under the requirements of nondestructive examination standards
- Organizational skills required for the coordination of Inspection activities for multiple projects at once.
- Implement, review, revise and update as necessary all QHSE policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations
- Coordinate all required QHSE training and proper documentation to ensure DIS’s regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies
- Conduct QHSE investigations on all incidents, near hits, customer complaints, non-conformance's and / or any employee QHSE suggestions, ensure lessons learned are shared throughout the company and corrective action is implemented and effective
- Work with H/R & QHSE Analyst to ensure proper records are kept per agencies compliance requirements for all HSE incidents
- Coordinate with H/R and HSE Manager on claims management
- Implement and maintain a quality, safety, environmental and DOT audit schedule per location, department and/or specific equipment. Ensure audits and any corrective action taken are properly documented, for both internal and third-party audits
- Maintain Safety committees either company wide or per location to reinforce safety awareness in a manner that promotes cooperation and improved morale
- 5 years quality and safety management experience preferred
- Preferred oil and gas and/or manufacturing industry experience
- Experience in implementation and auditing of management system requirements established by API Q1/Q2, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Preferred experience with implementing and/or auditing the requirements of TH Hill DS-1 Volume 3&4 4th Edition, API 7-1 & API 7-2 Specifications
- 3 years Non-Destructive Examination experience preferred in MPI, LPI, UT, VT, EMI methods
- Minimum of 2 years college preferred
If all of the above requirements are met, resumes may be submitted to HR@drillingtools.com with the subject line
of: Houston based QHSE Coordinator.
Return to Open Positions Page